Inspiration Cards -
authored by Sylvie Gervais-Leduc
Inspiration Cards authored by Sylvie Gervais-Leduc are the product of a decade long search for life-enhancing values. Each of the 50 cards is titled with a life-affirming attribute accompanied by a verse that calls the reader to a deeper contemplation of its significance.
From mindfulness to mercy, energy to enchantment, connection to courage, themes covering the philosophical, emotional and spiritual spectrum are presented as deep and reflective commentaries in abbreviated and easy-to-read verses.
About the Inspiration Cards
Combining the language of the soul with the rhythm of the poet's pen, Sylvie's Inspiration Cards provide nurturing moments of respite and clarity for people whose busy lives are challenged by competing and often stressful demands. They call us to consider the core features of good living and enable us to separate what we have been taught from what we know to be true.
There is plenty of room in these hand-sized cards for personal interpretation and individual meaning. "Poetry" says Sylvie, "speaks to us in specific and individual ways, allowing us to derive personal significance. So everyone who reads them will see and feel something different."
Sylvie's personal vision is simple and embracing: "All of humanity grow to its potential."
Forged from the depths of personal rumination, years of work in clinical counseling and executive coaching as well as scholastic achievements, Sylvie Gervais-Leduc's Inspiration Cards are meant to be savoured for their contemplative value, and shared with others; either as guides to richer living or as a simple expression of gratitude.
Here are some ways in which people have really enjoyed using these cards:
- Choose a message for the day.
- Ask a question and see what "comes up" as you choose a card.
- Choose a card before your meditation or journaling practice to "inspire" you.
- Have a friend choose a card, choose one for yourself, and talk about what they mean to you both.
- Use them to facilitate discussion groups or creative reunions.
- Make someone's day by leaving a card for a waitress, an airline stewardess, a boss, a friend after a visit and spread some gratitude and/or joy.
- Leave a card with someone who needs a little comfort or "special attention" in a day…who could benefit from a kind word, a caring gesture.
The possibilities are as great as your imagination. Let yourself be inspired and enjoy them in your own personal way.